Website Terms & Conditions
Terms of website use
Thank you for visiting www.ssyglobal.com (the “Site”), which is operated SSY Consultancy & Research Ltd., a company whose registered office is at Simpson Spence Young, Tower Bridge House, St. Katharine’s Way, London E1W 1BQ for itself and on behalf of the SSY Group businesses listed on the Site (“SSY”). To contact us in connection with these terms please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms set out terms and conditions which apply to the use of the Site and all materials and information contained within or accessible via the Site. Certain areas of the Site including subscription-based services may be subject to restricted access and eligibility requirements being met. Areas of the Site may not therefore be available to you.
Supplemental terms and conditions may apply to certain subscription based services, which may be available or accessible via the Site (“Additional Service Terms”) including PREMIER CLUB.
Your ability to access subscription-based services may be subject eligibility requirements.
By using the site you accept these terms
Changes We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. In addition, we may without notice update, change or suspend the Site and/or the materials and information that are available on or accessed through it.
Intellectual Property SSY are the owner or licensee of all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the reports, market and other reviews, spreadsheets, graphs, tables, indices and materials published on or accessible through the Site (“Content”) and the data and other information contained therein (“Data”). The Content and Data is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties throughout the world. Except as expressly stated in these terms, you have no rights to use, copy, adapt, extract, reutilise, modify, redistribute, publish, communicate or otherwise exploit any Content or Data and all rights are reserved.
You may not copy, print, or make download extracts of any material whatsoever from our Site or any report or other item of Content which is made available to you in order for you to:
- use the Content or any Data for the purpose of or in connection with either: (i) the preparation of analyses, databases, reports, reviews, graphs, tables, indices, prospectuses or presentations of any kind for delivery, distribution or sale to any other person, or (ii) the raising of any form of finance, investment or lending;
- modify any Content or Data you have printed off or downloaded in any way or change the format in which the Content or Data is made available by SSY;
- remove, alter or obfuscate any attributions, copyright legends, trade marks, disclaimers and other notices accompanying any Content or Data which may be printed off or downloaded from the Site;
- make any Content or any Data accessible (including the provision of access through a database or other application populated with Content or Data) or re-selling, sub-licensing, transferring or disclosing the Content or Data, by any means including any electronic means;
- redistribute, extract, reutilise, use, re-disseminate, exploit, copy or store the Content or any Data for any purpose not expressly permitted by the above Limited Licence.
- to reproduce, unless permission is obtained, from that third party source where they are credited as the copyright owner or author of a photograph, graphic, table or text. No copyright licence is granted to such materials other than to read the material in question.”
Where a third party source is credited as the copyright owner or author on a photograph, graphic, table or text, permission to reproduce these materials must be obtained from the original source. No copyright licence is granted to such materials other than to read the material in question.
If you act in breach of the above Limited Licence or restrictions, your usage rights under these terms cease automatically and your action may be an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights. In addition, you may must destroy and delete all copies of Content you have made.
Authorisation Requests Applications for authorisations to use Content and Data outside of the above Limited Licence should be made to SSY either by letter at Simpson Spence Young, Tower Bridge House, St. Katharine’s Way, London E1W 1BQ (for the attention of John Kearsey, Direct, SSY Consultancy & Research Ltd) or by email via: email@example.com.
Information Disclaimer The Content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of any Content or Data.
By its nature, some Data will be inherently incomplete insofar as it relates to shipping markets and associated activities. This arises from time lags in the reporting of data and/or the confidential basis on which some transactions are concluded. Additionally, whilst we may (but do not represent that we always will) instigate checking and validation procedures as we consider practicable within commercial time constraints we do no not represent or warrant that the Data and other information will be accurate. Furthermore, some information on the Site is derived from third parties (e.g. customs authorities and government departments) and SSY cannot vouch for the accuracy of such materials.
Whilst SSY may update the Data on the Site on an ongoing basis SSY makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, that the Content on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitations of Liability We do not exclude or limit liability where it would be unlawful to do so under applicable law. Subject to the preceding sentence:
- SSY excludes all liability for any errors and omissions that arise from the preparation and presentation of Data and other Content for or accessible through the Site;
- Your use of the Site is entirely at your own risk. SSY will not be liable to you for any losses or damages of any nature, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- the use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- the use of or reliance, directly or indirectly, on any Data or other Content displayed on or accessible through the Site.
In particular, we will not be liable to loss of profits, sales, business or revenue or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Damage that a User of the Site incurs as a result of computer viruses SSY cannot guarantee that the Site or any of SSY’s servers and systems will be secure or free from viruses and other harmful items. Users of the Site and any services available through the Site should undertake their own safeguards against potential damage to their equipment and data arising from the inadvertent transmission of computer viruses and use their own virus protection software.
User undertakings You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of our Site, the service on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
Hyperlinks to Other Sites The Site contains hyperlinks to others that are maintained by third-party organisations. The hyperlinks included on the Site are only for the convenience of the Site user and their inclusion should not be interpreted as an endorsement of those organisations and their activities. On following one of these hyperlinks, the user becomes subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the owner of the new site that is being visited. As the information available via hyperlinks to third-party web sites is maintained by other organisations, SSY cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies in information on such sites. Any visit by a user to such a third-party web site must therefore be undertaken at the user’s own risk.
Linking to our Site You may link from a website that you own to our Site’s home page provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must never establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permissions at any time. Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. If you would like to link your web site to that of SSY other than as set out above, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.
User Indemnity You shall indemnify and hold SSY, its directors, partners, members, agents, associates, affiliates, contractors and employees (each an “Indemnity Beneficiary”) harmless on demand from time to time from and against any liabilities, losses, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by any Indemnity Beneficiary as a result of any claim, demand or proceeding brought by any person against an Indemnity Beneficiary arising from your use of Content and Data.
Terms last updated: 4th June 2018